View Single Post
Old 16 July 2010, 07:57 PM   #29
jdc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Man View Post
When you refer to the original paperwork I assume you mean the warranty papers/card.

That is what my initial query was regarding, I appreciate the model number etched on the watch itself would be 16710 with no suffix. However, I can see that trying to sell a Black bezel GMT II disguised as a Pepsi to a well educated Rolex buyer down the line could flare up some disagreements, as connoisseurs of the brand may mind. I also appreciate that you can change the bezel back before resale, however originality is key to a collector.

I think the topic just raised my curiosity of how the models differed in different proximities. Currently it seems that the US 16710 owners have the suffix and everyone else doesn’t.

Looking forward to more GMT II owners coming forward to show us their model numbers…
I really think you are over analyzing this. As stated earlier older GMT's did not have the paper marked to indicate insert colour, which your dealer made you aware of. Where this is done it is on recent 16710's. If you find a good GMTII for a good price but with what you think is an incorrect insert, it does not make it a wrong'un and as you are in the UK its a cheap fix. GMTII's are not going to have faded bezels like the 1675, so replacing with a new insert will not alter the appearance or make it less collectable. If you have found one in good condition and price go for it, good luck and its a great reference
jdc is offline   Reply With Quote