View Single Post
Old 13 October 2010, 02:35 PM   #22
BeerNutta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
generally i have found the RSC in melbourne to be very helpful, and michael in particular.

something isn't really adding up, I suspect there is a strong reason why they feel this watch has been 'assembled' or 'altered'... and not in a good way. Even with Geneva's sometimes draconian policies, if it is something as simple as non Rolex part etc they usually agree to work on a piece if it is rectified as part of that work... service parts fitted really shouldn't be an issue.

It is a bit hard for us to guess at what could be wrong... wrong movement in wrong case, altered case numbers, non date dial put into a date model watch...etc etc .. but i guess if they smell something that feels like someone has really been up to no good then they'd just wash their hands of it...

i'd get it looked at by an independent watchmaker and see what they say.

whats the model number and serial number from between the lugs .. and as michael says above does that dial read 200m or 300m ...
Michael said that the only thing that didnt match in the watch was the Dial was not the original dial and I had no service papers. Meaning the dial was put in by a non rolex service centre.

Also the only reason stated in their service report.
BeerNutta is offline   Reply With Quote