View Single Post
Old 29 October 2010, 01:57 PM   #12
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
It's a close call, but your talking different color metals, different color bezels, and different color dials.

The Yacht-Master certainly looks brighter, but Leicas are noted for their bright, clear shots.

I think you should work with it a little more and get those settings right, before you give up.

There are too many variables to judge based on two shots only.
i agree with you...i have a couple of shots ill post some again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prc117f View Post
For proper watch pictures I would go for a DSLR with a set of good prime lenses so you can get that nice bokeh and color you see in watch brochures. You want to use available light (not flash) and and experiment with different aperture settings/exposure times, lighting tricks.

Leica makes great cameras (ie: the M bodies and lenses that go with them)

Too much white in the background and you should diffuse the light as well or shine it against something white so it reflects back towards the watch.
Thanks for the advice...i just dont like the lens carrying and all that stuff when i travel...just the camera would be good for it...i already think leica is V-2 is bulky...hehehehe this is my first camera after point and shoot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
I have a C-lux 3 and its by far the best point n shoot I've ever had. Its the perfect pocket camera. I would buy the V-lux 20 but it isn't quite as compact as I'd like. I have my Nikon D700 for everything else.

The Dlux-5 takes awesome pics...but not macro shots...i just hope i can get one cam for everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Oscar, upgrading a Dlux 5 to a Dlux 2...? You mean V-Lux perhaps? Or maybe I'm missing something here...

The Canon takes great pics, but why not invest in a small dSLR and you can take amazing pics?
Yes yes...so sorry i meant V-lux2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlgoh View Post
Or did you mean Digilux 2?
V lux 2...so sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
So what do you find objectionable about the bottom photo?

The camera settings clearly are giving you a deeper DOF, but the bezel isn't quite in sharp focus.

The Yachtmaster pic is very shallow DOF, but you managed to get the bezel and dial in sharp focus.

The funny thing is, the slightly smaller sensor in the Dlux combined with its shorter lens range will give you a -deeper- DOF (meaning more is in focus) for any given distance/focal length/f-stop tuple.

Granted, each camera may have different minimum focusing distance so the difference may not be meaningful in practice.

Chances are, you just haven't found the right combination of settings and setup for the Dlux yet.
I agree..im having a hard time finding the right settings for the right shot...