View Single Post
Old 14 February 2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigL1808 View Post
I recently damaged the inner workings of my Milgauss through an impact. I was told the automatic wheel or spring was shattered\broken. I know nothing about them technicals of watches but had it fixed at a local jeweler\Rolex AD an now it works. Now I can hear the moving pieces within the watch, when I shake it next to my ear. I have never heard this with any other Rolex's I have owned, but on my Breitlings I can always hear a similar noise. I am concerned that maybe the work done on the watch was subpar, though I do trust the jeweler. What should I do, or is this normal? What would you recommend doing to verify the work was done properly, without having to wait months by sending it to Rolex? Thank you
Just a quick note on the turnaround time on Rolex service. Even a full 5/7 year service at Dallas RSC never takes more than 4-5 weeks door to door, and if you call them, they send you out a free shipping kit with everything you need except postage. It's so easy! Maybe other RSC's take longer, but that is what it's been for me. Getting my new Sub regulated there, and it is arriving back tomorrow. Two weeks, door to door. And it's 3 months out of warranty, but they are doing/did the regulation for free. No charge. I love Dallas RSC!
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote