View Single Post
Old 5 May 2011, 07:01 PM   #74
Expatbob
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexplorer2 View Post
Can't remember where i had seen it, but someone said "believe me you do not want to buy a green watch". Glad black was chosen eventually.
Do other Rolex models polarise opinion as much as this one? Some people absolutely hate it, and think the idea of wearing a "green watch" to be beyond the pale, and others love it (myself included).

I spent weeks deciding which one to get, knowing full well I could wear the LN every day for the next 20 years, and always be happy with my choice. On the other hand, the LV just had the little something extra - it was different, cool and you certainly won't see as many of them around, which was important to me.

Time will obviously tell whether one day I'll get bored of it (I think that it is the right sentiment - I can't for a second think that I would ever regret buying the LV), but at that point, most of us on here would just buy another one, and rotate it around. Equally, I wouldn't see any issues with resale either - time will tell whether it keeps its value compared to the LNs...

Perhaps the thing that people don't take into account when giving their views on watches is the person's personal characteristics - some people dress conservatively and possibly therefore wear a more conservative watch. Age of the wearer is an important factor, and also perhaps what they do for a living. All in all, I think you have to be a bit more confident to wear the LV, even if for no other reason, than inevitably you'll come across a few people who think you have a ridiculous timepiece on your wrist.

Anyway, gross generalisations aside, the long and short of it is that we all love the watches we've bought and are happy knowing we made the right choice, whatever that was! Just enjoy it - whichever one you get/own, the new SubC is an absolute classic!