Thread: 10 of the best
View Single Post
Old 3 October 2011, 09:36 PM   #8
ohfivepro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many :o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
lovely watches...would like to knw more about the Habring...dont know that brand or their watches..please enlighten...thanks a lot.
http://www.habring2.com/ is the best place to start. Richard habring used to work for IWC designing / building tourbillons. He also designed the IWC Deep One watch and I believe their rattrapante chronograph movement too. I think he was in charge of Lange and Sohnes repairs for Aisa too.

He's been making watches under the Habring2 name with his wife Maria-Kristina since the mid 2000's. The only have about 5-6 styles of watch and they make a maximum of 12 per model per year. They're modular meaning there's a set of movements, dials, hands etc the customer can choose but basically if you're willing to pay for it, they're willing to build it.

The watches are regulated to within -3, +5 (same as Grand Seikos and Patek) and come with a 3 year waranty and a full set of replacement hands and gaskets.

Prices vary depending on the watch model and any chosen customizations but you're basically talking Rolex type prices, not Patek / AP (hence how I've managed to get one). I really can't compliment it enough
ohfivepro is offline   Reply With Quote