View Single Post
Old 6 October 2011, 11:23 AM   #21
Cryonic80
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts33 View Post
They have their own in house movements in the "Manufacture" line. Completely in house as far as I can tell and the lowest MSRP is around $3,600.

They do use modified movements in other lines and just plain old stock movements in the lower tier lines.

This is what I could tell from reading their website and talking to an AD who seemed to know the ins and outs of the brand far passed what I could read on my own on the web.
I have been doing a bit of research before buying as well and from what I have found out, they do manufacture in-house movements (PS: this was what propelled them to manufacture status in 2004). Do look at their FC-700 and above calibres where they use make their in-house movements. And best thing is, they do not cost an arm and a leg for them.

As for the lower tiers, it is true they use the ETAs but they also modify them on their own to bring about a different look (eg. the round date dial at the bottom of the main dial).

You may also youtube FC and take a look at their manufacture workshop (looks impressive).
Cryonic80 is offline   Reply With Quote