View Single Post
Old 7 October 2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Fin
"TRF" Member

I would not consider MBK as "high-end shopping center" , like Gaysorn (e.g. Panerai shop) or WTC (now known as Central World).
Many vintage watch shops in Bangkok, also many in those (not Gaysorn). Thai people love Rolex and it is a status symbol for them to wear one. So, if You make business with thai people,You have much more credibility, if You wear a Rolex..

Usually dealers are friendly in those places, if You know them, but also very tired of tourists, who ask only copy-watch, and are suprised about real watch prices.

A lot of franken watches in Asia, aftermarket bracelets, aftermarket diamond dials and -bezels and so on. But most of those vintage are original and the dealers tell You usually, if any aftermarket parts (at least, if You have been talking with them often).

But I have seen also some vintage steel watches, that have been modified with aftermarket gold bezel and TT bracelet & crown etc..
I have been visiting Thailand "too often" and as I am interested in watches, have been talking with those dealers a lot. Nice people, always some of them offer You something to drink, even You not buy anything, and a lot of dealers from Europe and Japan go there to buy watches.
Many times I have seen cheaper watches in Scandinavia, if buy direct from the owner.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote