View Single Post
Old 23 November 2011, 06:03 AM   #51
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd89068 View Post
The economy as a whole is softening the entire watch market. You can find a brand new Daytona from an AD for 10-20% off retail which was unheard of 3-4 years ago. Panerai isn't going anywhere they are just getting more popular and main stream among the watch wearing world. They have close roots to Rolex and will probably find themselves as the second most popular watch manufacturer behind Rolex when the economy flips back in a few years. They limit production and are one of the few brands that is really strict with who can be their AD which might explain why there is a large grey market for them.

However, women's high end clothing and purses are doing well. Coach paid out dividends last quarter. Keep buying those purses ladies :)

A Daytona at 10%-20% off from an AD?? You must be talking about a precious metal version I take it...

I said it a year ago and will say it again- I doubt Panerai popularity will wind down, more like increase. Some recent events have ticked off a few die hard fans, but that's not where the bulk of their sales come from anyway.