View Single Post
Old 23 November 2011, 06:45 AM   #52
cd89068
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Doggy View Post
A Daytona at 10%-20% off from an AD?? You must be talking about a precious metal version I take it...

I said it a year ago and will say it again- I doubt Panerai popularity will wind down, more like increase. Some recent events have ticked off a few die hard fans, but that's not where the bulk of their sales come from anyway.
Yea, my relationship with my AD is something special considering all the watches I've purchased from him. I probably shouldn't of said from an "from an AD" as I was thinking of my personal situation but they can be had brand new for less than retail all over these forums.

I second your point that the popularity and sales will continue to rise. The PAM312 started off with 2000/year in 2008 and is up to 4000/year. Some die hard collectors that wore Panerai for exclusivity will be turned away but the general public has only recently started to see and hear about Panerai. Just watch those production numbers rise in a really bad economy as proof of continued growth and popularity among the general public.
cd89068 is offline   Reply With Quote