View Single Post
Old 24 November 2011, 02:30 AM   #12
detyler
"TRF" Member

Watch: White Milgauss
I just sold my Pam 25. I have two panerai and two rolexes. The problem with the rotating bezels on the panerai submersibles is this - they suck. Apparently there is plastic beneath the bezel that wears out very quickly allowing the bezel to rotate far to easily. Unlike the old Rolex ss sub, you can't just pop the bezel off and fix it yourself. The part is not available so it requires a richemont service - which also sucks. High $ and poor customer service, even according to paneristi. And then after having it fixed what do you have? A bezel that will turn crappy again soon. I love panerai, but I'm trying to stay away for their submersibles now. You should research submersible bezels before you buy one.

I also live far away from any panerai dealer, so I bought one before I ever actually saw one in person. I would recommend a base model first, like a 112 or 210 to try out. They hold value very well. If you do it right you can buy one from a respected forum member and resell it easily for virtually no loss.

David
detyler is offline   Reply With Quote