View Single Post
Old 13 March 2012, 02:34 PM   #136
LightOnAHill
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD lchdp
I love this thread!

I am very impressed by the quality and nice things I've seen.

I am still very young in enjoying the time and season of nice things, having spent a short decade gambling on this season.

I do love the things I use, and try to always buy quality and luxury in order to enjoy and not regret. Life is too short for a Dell, unless it's an XPS, IMO.

So, here is my swag. The silver is native to the office desk, the rest is mostly with me during the day, cept the Swingline stapler, an all-metal classic I bought myself back in 1998, which still works solid today.

My pen, though many have been far finer in this thread, is one of my two grail pens - I love the thin pen, having thin fingers. BUT, I am more enamored by the BROAD TIP BALL POINT PEN refil that Cross does. It fits in any cross-designed pen, but it is amazing.

It's far smoother, thicker (though great for writing small with light touches, does a good thin line, painted on), great ink, doesn't wash off the paper even if FOLDED IN THE LAUNDRY (the blue and red lines of the notebook paper washed off, but not the notes I took; clear as day).

The pen itself, besides the refil, is somewhat not as important. I'd take any cross-style pen for this refil, and I've used a lot of roller-ball and steel and gold tip old-school styles, and this is my cake.

The pen is solid sterling silver. I love the color of silver. It's very reserved. My grail pen is the Cross solid 18k, but it's 850 dollars and loud in the courtroom. Pen moves a lot, silver works great. And, I love the light color of silver, so I'm planning a silver dial in the future.

And the computer! A fully-loaded macbook air, which is great because the battery works for six to eight hours, a full day of court and meetings! Love it. Used to use IBM x series laptops, ultraportables, and hae this macbook air configured as I want. IT has Mac OS10 and Windows 7 64 Ult, which is usually in parallels, but sometimes for games and stuff I put it right into native Windows.

I have a few edges and rifled tubes that fall into my swag, but I wouldn't to push the gracious rules that restrict such pictorals.

[img][/img]
LightOnAHill is offline   Reply With Quote