View Single Post
Old 29 March 2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Kafka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster
DateJust Vs Sub Durability Questions

Hello Everyone,

I’m a long time visitor, first time poster. I am looking at buying either the SS DateJust (116234) or Submariner (116610). My concern is durability. Keep in mind, I know the Sub is stronger and have done a lot of research into this matter. What I want is a real-life, situational comparison between the two; I’m leaning towards the DateJust, but don’t want to regret my decision with repairs.
I am rough on my watches (Omega Speedmaster Date, Constellation). I always knock them on doors, stairways, walls, cars, getting my hands dirty, etc. My Speedmaster Date received a noticeable dent its first week. I’m more or less your “hands on” academic; no floor drops here. I realize everyone will scream “Sub!”, but I’m leaning towards the DateJust and would like everyday examples (limits) that illustrate the durability of both.
My concerns with the DateJust: raised crystal susceptibility, softer case than the Sub?
My concerns with the Submariner: cerachrom bezel, clasp reliability (don’t want it flapping around because it got caught on a shirt or something)

Thanks
Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote