View Single Post
Old 4 October 2007, 12:36 AM   #24
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp11 View Post
Tools - How can Rolex dictate that a person provide a receipt as well? For example, let's say my brother went to an AD and bought me a Rolex as a gift and the AD left the purchaser section blank on the warranty card for me to complete when he gave me the watch. Most people aren't going to hand over a receipt illustrating how much the gift was, you know? If it was a gift and I have the warranty card, I wouldn't have the receipt from the AD documenting the purchase. So, you're essentially saying, Rolex will deny all warranty covered service if you don't provide a receipt?
Tripp,

I'm not saying what Rolex does is right, I'm just saying they have asked for the receipt when things don't match. As I've said, when the original AD sells the watch, whether to a Grey Dealer or Customer, as part of inventory control and re-stock....that watch serial number is identified as sold. When a customer fills out their own "open papers" they will not match.. But let me also say, I have never seen "open papers" from a Grey Dealer except for purchaser name....they have always had the date stamped of the date of sale.. For those papers, my guess would be that any name filled in would be normal.
Tools is offline   Reply With Quote