View Single Post
Old 8 April 2012, 12:17 AM   #30
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon14

While you posted a picture(s) of the bracelet, so buyers can count links, don't forget that not everyone is knowledgeable enough to know they should "count links" , or to know how many links comes with a watch when it was sold new, so they can then do the comparison to know if the watch has "enough" links for them to proceed to buy it (pre-loved). Before I became a member of this forum, I knew less than "anything" about watches, and thanks to this forum, I've learned "some things". In other words, Not every potential buyer is a W.I.S., and an issue like the O.P. has (with your company) , really takes away from the enjoyment of buying an (expensive) watch, might limit repeat visits/purchases from your company, and certainly curtails other members (like mine) interests in potentially one day buying from your company.

While you place the onus on the customer to know every minute detail BEFORE they purchase from you, that's no excuse to be rude over the phone towards that customer. Good Service will gain repeat and new business (why am I even saying this to a Pro?)...........but sub-standard (shitty) and/or abusive post-sale service does nothing but undermine your track record. Some businesses might operate under the mentality and I am not saying that your company falls into that category , that they are so successful, it's no "biggie" to mistreat a post-sale customer, or maybe since "I'm the co-owner" and I am so wealthy already, what do I care that someone called to "gripe" about two links ............I'm too important !!!!!! Another boo-boo.........in my book.

Summary:

MAKE IT RIGHT. PERIOD.

It won't break your company and you might find it will pay dividends in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake49 View Post
Hi guys,
Let me introduce myself. I'm the owner of Swisswatchexpo and the Rolex trained watchmaker with 20 years of experience. Let me provide you with the facts:

1. Please visit the website and read the description for stock #4667P. It's clearly stated "Original Rolex stainless steel & 18k yellow gold oyster bracelet with flip lock clasp. Fits 7 1/2" wrist." Also, you can see the picture of the watch open on a ruler. We have this pictures as well as the picture of the model, serial and the box to make sure the clients see exactly what they purchase.
2. if you would buy this watch, can YOU go check the picture and tell how many links are there? I'm sure you can! Everyone can! And giving the fact that we disclose the number of links, the picture on the ruler and state the size of the wrist it will fit, it's up to the buyer to decide if he wants to purchase this watch. Of course we're always there to answer the question before the purchase.
3. We all can agree, a lot of preowned watches come with the missing links (please check other watches we sell as well as the watches on different websites. original owners often loose the removed links as well as the boxes/papers (it's hard to believe for the people who love watches but that's what it is)
4. "Additional links can be purchased and added to fit a larger wrist size." It doesn't say you can purchase those links from us -- obviously we're not in business to remove the links and resell them :-)))). This watch was purchased on IWJG by me without the removable links on it, I had two links and added it to the bracelet. As you've mentioned several times (and I'm sure you've had this situation before) you can find and purchase extra links -- as well as I can, been in the business for many years of course I know a lot of dealers.
4. Our return policy -- we guarantee 100% money back no question asked if you pay by wire transfer, certified funds, money orders, cash or Paypal -- enough choices. if you pay by credit card, credit card processor takes 3% which aren't reversible -- the restocking fees not refunded. it's your choice which method to use as long as it clearly explained. And yes, you're right -- we're covered against the chargebacks in this situation.
5. The last thing -- please check all the pictures of the watch yourself -- you're knowledgeable enough to tell that the this beauty is in amazing condition and be a perfect addition to any watch collection. I didn't think twice buying it with 3 links short, I knew it will not stay long in our showcase:-)
6. As you see we try to put as much details as possible to describe the size of the bracelet and never had any issues with the clients in this regard, I should say we get a lot of compliments on the pictures and the description. If you can suggest to add something to BETTER DESCRIBE THE SIZE OF THE BRACELET, your help is greatly appreciated.