View Single Post
Old 6 June 2012, 05:18 AM   #1
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
New HEROIC 18 Strap Review

Hi guys...
I just received this new Heroic 18 strap from the Poseidon Series in Italian Sandy Tan (135/80). It is hand-stitched with a transparent edge coat, which gives it a great vintage look. It includes two floating keepers and I ordered it with a brushed Titanium-finish buckle (with engraved logo) to match my 177. This is my first Heroic 18, so I thought I would post this short review.

First, the strap was in-stock and arrived about 7 days after I placed my order. It was shipped registered mail and arrived in a really cool foam/aluminum case that doubles as a travel case for your PAM. Very cool...

Second, the buckle is absolutely the best PAM buckle I have ever encountered. It is thick, well-finished with a very nice engraved logo that looks amazing. In fact, I am going to order a few more buckles (including a PIG-style) for some of my other straps...

The leather is soft to the touch, pliable and firm. It will probably need a few days to break-in, but right out of the box it is already comfortable and the thickness is just right. The color of the strap is a really nice natural tan that will patina with age. It has a slight caramel/almond tone and reminds me of the Toshi Almond...

I am extremely pleased with this strap and plan to order a few more soon. Both the strap and the buckle exceeded my expectations and for the price ($108) and the quality, it is an absolute bargain.