View Single Post
Old 26 July 2012, 01:19 PM   #78
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
Okay this is the way it works assuming first that you qualify and get a Rolex parts account it remains in force until you break the rules then at Rolex's discretion they may terminate their business association with you. As a parts account holder you cannot sell parts to a non parts account watchmaker it's pretty much game over. I am allowed to sell parts to anyone as long as I do the installation. There isn't a day goes by when someone on this or any number of other forums asks me to sell them parts which I of course have to say send me the watch and I'll be glad to service or install the part for them for me to risk my livelihood to make a few bucks is crazy because I'm in this for the long haul. Now that being said they're thousands of original parts in the market place because these rules apply for the US and is different in all other countries why this is I'll let you try to figure that one out. Since I have been a watchmaker I have bought out over 30 retired or passed away watchmakers tools and parts and most have had some new old stock Rolex parts. You see 15 to 20 years ago you could buy Rolex parts from any watch supply house there were no restrictions on the sale and or use of these parts, but things change and this is how it is now so if I want to have a nice life and make a good living I dance the dance and walk the walk and don't have a problem with it. Now whether Rolex has a department that you could call and ask if a particular person has a parts account I imagine that they might but it would also be a very busy phone line. I have had a parts account for over 20 years or more with the companies I listed earlier and am in good standing with them all. So maybe you might have to take my word on this one or check if you like your call. I think that the standards that Rolex is trying to achieve is admirable and in the long run very good for the owners of their fine timepieces. Rikki
Rolex Parts Account Holder.
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote