Thread: Winter Olympics
View Single Post
Old 24 January 2006, 04:12 AM   #4
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
I can't wait for them to start. I love almost all the sports (except for curling). I'm really looking forward to the hockey and the skiing. But other sports like bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, biathalon... I love them all!

Strangely though, I haven't purchased any official Olympic gear this year, yet. The HBC stuff is more functional than the Roots stuff of days gone by, but I find it rather pricey!
I actually thought that stuff was priced quite reasonably compared to my feeling for the Roots attire of the past. I can't say that I have looked at the Roots stuff closely, though. I am of the opinion that if you didn't earn the attire, you should not have it (exceptions being gifts from someone who did earn it, I guess). There at least should be some difference between the items available at the store, and those that the Games participants get.......as someone who is/was trying very hard to make on Olympic team, I wouldn't feel right wearing something I didn't earn. It's probably a different thing for the general public.

If I recall correctly, I think Roots held back one garment from the sale to the public in each of the Games they made the clothes for. I think it might have been the podium shirts that the athletes were given to wear when they won a medal, but I'm not sure of that........

My coach gave my wife one of her shirts from the 2000 Games in Sydney....it was in recognition of all my wife's help in my shooting career.