View Single Post
Old 7 April 2014, 03:29 AM   #23
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Let's be honest, 2mm is nothing. The thickness and length of the lugs is a bigger factor in how the watch appears on the wrist. My SubC wears a lot larger than my Omega SMP, yet the SMP is a bigger watch (42mm vs 40mm). Some of you guys will find the absolute smallest thing to complain about.
Spot on post. I am extremely please Rolex released this in 40mm and that it stayed true to the older design, and I guarantee this one will wear larger than it's 40mm size indicates, just like the SubC. 40mm is the perfect size, 42mm would have been overkill and made the watch heavy and maybe top heavy, just like the DSSD, this watch would have been ruined.

This snails evolutionary pace Rolex has aesthetically is one of the things I love about Rolex. Nothing is more annoying than buying the latest Sony Xperia Z1 Compact state of the art pound for pound best smart phone in the four inch screen segment only to have the new and improved version release six months later, ask me how I know.
I love Omega as well but look at how many models they have or AP. I don't even know whats really a new model anymore, to me it dilutes the brand and each model just a little. There are success stories but then the field is littered with slow sellers and unpopular models that will sell at steep discounts and do even worse used.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote