View Single Post
Old 21 August 2014, 09:40 PM   #51
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
Fantastic thread, Jorge, and I do hope it gets all the attention it deserves! I really like your philosophy, and agree with the premise that less is more.

I've been trying to scale down my collection too, and have recently sold my Pam 372 and IWC Portuguese 5001.. Had some hesitation initially due to the fact I was moving "icons" and the money I would lose in flipping, but decided to press ahead as they were just too big for me and I wasn't enjoying them as much as I should.

Although it is a lovely idea, I think downsizing to around 8-10 is my limit, as I do have a number of pieces I can't sell due to sentimental value eg my Speedy, a wedding watch, my Reverso, which I bought as a pair with my wife, my Sinn U1, a gift from my parents etc.

Kudos again!
Thanks mate
I had the PAM 372 as well, beautiful watch but it didn't stick. Unfortunately when you sell you are gonna loose no matter what unless you have collective rare Patek or you bought at a great price and you sell at the right time. I can't comment in the Sentimental Value watches because I haven't experienced that situation. That's probably a tough one because you have watches lying there with little or no wrist time, and you have to suck it up. Alternatively put them on a safe on a Bank, don't even count with them as part of your collection. With my current mind set, I feel that 5 watches is already a sign of hoarding but to each it's own. What makes sense to me might not make sense to you.
Kudos

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote