View Single Post
Old 18 January 2015, 08:46 AM   #22
jguerrad
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Sub View Post
Thanks guys! So the story goes, I saw a crappy ad on ebay not long ago (my favorite kind) with terrible photos. The guy took it off ebay and I contacted him with an inquiry. He is an art and antique dealer and told me that the grandson of the original owner came in with the watch looking to make some cash... didn't tell me what he paid of course, but i didnt care. I asked for a few more photos and could tell that the case looked unpolished... I quickly made him an offer and the deal went through. Very happy with the outcome!
I believe I may have been negotiating the same watch!!! He removed the listing and I sent him a private message, got his number then called the antique shop guy, if its the same watch it has a small nick on one side on the bottom. He has an antique shop in South Carolina but he was up North (Maine I believe), he did tell me he was negotiating with someone else!! I made him an offer but maybe I chickened out!!!!!! Congratulations

Next time I will move quicker! Good for you!!!

Here is my last text (for privacy reasons I have cut off his number)....If it was not the same...maybe I should be calling him now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-3.jpg (71.0 KB, 420 views)
jguerrad is offline   Reply With Quote