View Single Post
Old 8 August 2015, 05:21 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorD View Post
I’ve come across a few charts over the years that reference “Swiss T-<25”, “T Swiss T”, etc. but the one that I was always curious about was the “T Swiss Made T” notation. I believe the first two listed are different based on radioactivity numbers, but not sure why the difference between “T Swiss T” and “T Swiss Made T”. It seems to have been used in the same date range so why the difference? Was it specific to country codes, models, etc.? Curious any info you guys can share.

Thanks!
Up till 1960 Rolex used the word SWISS then dials were Radioactive Radium from around early 1960 on Rolex used T.Swiss.T less than 277 MBq (7.5mCi) and Swiss <T25 less than925 MBq (25mCi)on there dial depending on how much radioactivity they had from 1960 till mid/late 1998.Swiss only dials were then used with Luminovor from 1998 to 2000, then after 2000 back to Swiss Made with Superluminovor. But Superluminover was just renamed Luminover to mark factory location change as the paint is made by Nemoto a Japanese luminous paint maker. Now they moved a part of its factory to Switzerland in 1998 in Joint-ventured with RC-Tritec AG the change from Tritium to Luminover.But this was to mainly establish Luminova AG Switzerland for supplying Luminova to all the Swiss watch industry including Rolex and most major brands.Later the name was changed to super-luminover and many other names for basically the same product under various names but all basically the same paint with a slightly different colour pigments.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote