Thread: Bob's Watches
View Single Post
Old 22 April 2016, 08:36 AM   #24
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Agreed. The change the rules as you play game they did to th OP is just low down and shameful. Trusted sellers here on the forum will go the distance to make sure their customers are happy with the transaction. One bad review here could mean the end of their livelihood.

I am the OP and I posted their original bid email a few posts ago. It was actually $2000 but I was told right up front that since I did not have the original warranty papers I was going to take a $100 hit right up front. Not sure what bearing that has on a watch that is 15 years old other than they cannot say "box and papers"??? I was told this was the maximum. And I fully expected them to find something they would need to do to make it top shelf merchandise. I did not realize it was missing a link and still am not sure it is.

I bought this from the original owner in about 2010 I think it was. It still had most all of the stickers on it. His wife never wore it. So he traded to a jewelry store owner friend of mine owns, using a bid I gave him and I purchased the same day. Is it possible he had a link taken out that I did not get, sure. But a link is about $25. A very light polish, maybe $75? And the watch keeps fine time. But to regulate if necessary, $100??? Not sure. But that is $200 not almost $500.

Had they said they would wire me $1700 or $1750 yesterday this is done and the money is in my account. It's easy and there is no drama with a potential dishonest buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote