View Single Post
Old 12 May 2016, 09:03 AM   #31
Tiger Moth Driver
"TRF" Member

I have read the thread with great interest. After looking at the watch for sometime, I purchased the BLNR in March 2016. I would like to mention that not only am I extremely careful with my watches, I may also suffer from OCD. After two weeks, the watch unfortunately amassed a fair few number of scratches, not only on the bracelet but on the actual watch case itself which caused me great concern.

I also own a 1994 GMT Master 2 which I have to say after years or wear and tear is a far more resilient time piece. Yes I understand that stainless steel watches will in time gather a few scratches here and there, and the 904L steel is easier to polish thus softer than the 1994 model.

Disappointed, I sent the watch back to the retailer expressing my concern only to be met with a condescending attitude, stating that the problem is effectively me, could not possibly ever be the watch. Not what you want to hear after spending £6000 on a stainless steel watch. After a heated debate, the retailer returned the watch to Rolex for tests, which apparently proved that the steel was not at fault. Since I had lost confidence in the that particular watch I wished for either a replacement or refund, neither was accepted. I have to say that the experience was not particularly pleasant, to the extent that I will never purchase another Rolex.

Forgive me, I'll even say that my Omega Speedmaster looks better after two years wear than the BLNR does after two weeks. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
Tiger Moth Driver is offline   Reply With Quote