View Single Post
Old 21 October 2016, 08:13 AM   #19
09 Hemi Orange SRT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Hello Breitling fans - first time posting on this section and first post for some time.

OK here we go, I was just presented with this watch by a friend of a friend who knows I am a watch nut - I don't know an awful lot about the brand full stop but could not resist seeing something quite so rare, apparently number 4 of only 5 watches in existance. According to its' owner he has contacted Brietling and had the watch authenticated, he does know who owned the watch before him but I will keep that to myself.......so, what do you think?.....any comments welcome.......it's not my thing but it's certainly very impressive...
I have an 18K Emergency and this one looks like a bad fake. Because of the Emergency beacon capability each Emergency watch is registered at Breitling with the owners name and details, making the watch traceable. Real Emergency watches also have an FCC ID number on the back. The back of my watch is completely different from the one shown. Unless you have a verifiable written document from Breitling stating it is authentic I'd run from it as fast as I could.

HTH, Sarah
09 Hemi Orange SRT is offline   Reply With Quote