View Single Post
Old 6 November 2016, 11:48 PM   #13
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I don't think Tools is dismissing other watches but making the point that the Explorer II is, and has remained, the most authentic no nonsense rugged tool watch in the Rolex line up.

I agree with this and its a big part of the appeal of the Explorer II to me. I think its the least popular Rolex because of this - it flies under the radar and non-wis types who want a Rolex are more likely to go for more recognised and, lets be honest, flashier models such as the Datejust, Day-Date, Sub, GMT (and I speak as a lover of these watches). That's fine - leaves more Explorers for the cognoscenti to pick up.

I love the Polar and the black. I think the black is often underrated - its a stunning watch. I would also love to have a polar 16570 with yellow tritium markers or even better, one of the creme dialed polars.

These are mine -
No hard feelings, just thought I sensed a tinge of disdain for other Rolex models.

I love this watch and actually purchased the black dial for my guy because I thought it was both beautiful AND tough. He didn't think he'd wear it much so I returned it and felt rather heartbroken that he couldn't see it was a treasure.

I agree that black is truly stunning. I would have kept it and worn it myself if I didn't already have a GMT IIc LN
HeartRolex is offline   Reply With Quote