View Single Post
Old 27 November 2016, 11:11 PM   #63
raffi2222
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1 View Post
Lug hole people: the last Comex Sea-Dwellers were F-serials with no lug holes. If they're good enough for Comex...

Ceramic people: ok, I know the ceramic inserts are more fragile and more expensive to replace but have there been lots of reports about broken inserts? How's that any different to a scratched/chipped sapphire crystal? Surely that would also mean that anything after plexi isn't a toolwatch?

Just some quick thoughts for the sake of discussion :)
Absolutely bang on observations! Rolex make watches for a multitude of wearers, the Sub is still a tool watch which has evolved and improved.

I don't dive so does that mean I can't wear a dive watch? No it doesn't.
I bought my steel non date sub for the realiability and bomb proof build quality having bought and sold a couple of watches that I couldn't have worn at work or when in the sea or pool on holiday or manual hobbies, as well as at night.
I do wear this watch all the time.

Having said that, I still won't wear it to my job as a firefighter, I wear another tool watch there, a non heat conducting g-shock. I wouldn't mind betting a lot of professional divers wear something similar to the g-shock. Perhaps even some hobby divers?🤐

As for price, it's all relative.
A sub was as expensive back in the day as it is now, relatively speaking.
raffi2222 is offline   Reply With Quote