View Single Post
Old 2 December 2016, 05:42 AM   #15
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
You seem to know what needs to be done.
If Rolex release the watch, it will come off their stolen register, to come off, neither the original owner nor the insurance company (if one exists) lays claim to it. .

The next weeks will prove frustrating, I am sure.
But you should make an immediate claim against Paypal, because you do not have the good, through NO fault of your own

Sincerely
Adam
Thanks Adam

I'm sure you're right and I'm already pacing the halls in frustration. Although I used Paypal to complete the transaction via ebay, I in fact paid using an AMEX card. Amex have been informed and so have ebay who via telephone today have assured me they will seek a refund from the seller and I have filed an ebay dispute and made the seller aware. The lady from Eaby also made it clear I was covered by their ebay money back guarantee.
I cant see how my claim cannot be disputed when I have bills of sale from the seller and paperwork from Rolex acknowledging receipt of the watch when I dropped it in for service, and further letter from Rolex which explains that the watch is stolen. ALL the paperwork for everything has the serial number of the watch on it, so the trail is easily followed.
The seller via telephone was apologetic and said he would return the money but asked to see the paperwork from Rolex which supports my claim. This information I have sent to him. He seemed perfectly reasonable on the phone, although, like me, almost is disbelief of whats happened.
Hopefully I will have news on this next week..
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote