View Single Post
Old 25 January 2017, 04:34 AM   #75
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

UPDATE.......UPDATE......UPDATE.......

It's back from RSC.

So today I finally collected the NOT stolen GMT from RSC after a full service, dial and hand replacement, new bezel and new crown. I'm happy with the work done.

With respect to the issue of trying to get some kind of recompense from Rolex with respect to the grief they have caused me, I got no-where. Not even an offer of a free service next time round less parts.

I have to say this is a little disappointing from my perspective, because it means Rolex fail to recognise that their stolen database needs some maintenance to prevent what happened to me from happening again to someone else. It fails to acknowledge that the problems they caused me by churning out a stolen watch notice to me before they had properly checked the facts that they hold on record, in their mind, wasn't a problem. Well maybe it wasn't for them, but it's caused me immense problems which are still being undone now.

I pressed this point hard with the technician who handed the watch back to me when I collected it. Her reply to me was, "well you have it back now so all is well".....errr....well actually luv, it isn't, because I'm still trying to undo the crime reports that myself and the seller were forced to file with the police because of the letter you sent me telling me I had given you stolen goods to service, when I hadn't!

The watch is great. I got it for a good price and now it's fully serviced and how I want it I hope to get many years of pleasure from it.

This is something I hope never happens to anyone else. I admire Rolex for running a system that helps prevent theft and fraud, I'm all for it. If any of my watches get stolen, Rolex will be the first to know.

However, I don't like the corporate arrogance they have demonstrated with respect to the problems they inadvertently caused me. I can forgive their mistake, but I'm finding it harder to forgive their lack of acknowledgement of it. They REALLY have NO APPRECIATION the trouble this has caused despite me making it perfectly clear, and that is something a company like Rolex, should be bending over backwards to put right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (61.4 KB, 787 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0187.jpg (69.4 KB, 792 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0191.jpg (81.7 KB, 791 views)
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote