View Single Post
Old 3 February 2018, 09:42 AM   #31
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBrooklyn View Post
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and new to panerai. Looking to make my first panerai watch purchase and I need some help...
I have been doing research online (exhaustively), and have visited my local AD for the "in person" experience.
I initially went in with heart set on the 312. I tried both the 312 and 1312 and I preferred the overall aesthetic and cleaner look of the 312 dial, but much preferred the thinner fit of the 1312... but I was just not sure of the ecru color, blue second hand and "automatic" written on dial... although it isn't that obstrusive in person, it still has me thinking
Why couldn't they just make the 312 exactly the same (or even with the ommision of the date and the "9") with the new 1312 case size??
Is there another model that can satisfy those criteria?
I keep thinking I'll just get the bigger 312 case, then I read countless articles of owners that say it's hard to live with height and too heavy case on daily basis.
Perhaps I'll learn to love the blue second hand and fake patina of 1312, and live with it because it's a more comfortable fit. Perhaps match more straps with blue and brown
I welcome all advice
FYI, wrist size is 7 1/2"

Thank you!
If you have seen many models I wanted to ask you what do you think of the 351 or the 1351. I still did not go to see the dealer but for the pictures I am interested in that model.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote