View Single Post
Old 4 May 2018, 07:14 AM   #1
agp16
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rose Skydweller
Icon4 HELP! $35K nightmare w/ MB23 aka Michael Russo Rolex dealer

Upfront: I'm not a watch dealer/trader or an industry pro in any way. I truly wish I didn't have to spend time writing this post. I'm just a regular guy that loves nice timepieces, but trusted someone who went silent on me. This is not defamation or libel, because it is 100% true.

But since Michael Russo aka MB23 aka Mr. Time Inc has totally ghosted me (text, email, phone - nothing), I've got no choice.

Please respond with any experience you might have in solving this type of problem, ideally across state lines. He's in NYC and I'm in LA.

He knows who I am and I'm 100% willing to edit or delete this post immediately if he just makes it right. But I'm not going to lay down while someone steals a ton of money from my family.

Short Version:
I sent Mike Russo $35k for a Rolex Sky-Dweller chocolate face, which was to be a 70th bday gift for my dad. (Biggest/best gift I'd have ever given him, and with our history it would've made history). The watch never arrived. Now Mike is nowhere to be found & won't respond to any efforts to reach him. What am I supposed to do??

Backstory:
I found out about Michael Russo through a trusted friend. I've bought 5 watches from him over the last 3-4 years, and grew to trust him. He was always willing to text, answer questions, and I thought we had a good/fair relationship.

In November 2017, I paid Mike Russo MB23 for an amazing chocolate sky dweller rolex as a bday gift for my ailing dad. When it didn't arrive (and the tracking showed that it was still in NY), Michael Russo said that his wife gave it to FedEx but they didn't scan it, so it couldn't be tracked. Since FedEx (I'm told) didn't scan it, they technically didn't receive it so Michael Russo's insurance couldn't cover it either. He was very upset because he knew he was liable for the cost of the rolex.

I was extremely patient. I gave him time to try to work it out with FedEx. He assured me he was working on it, that he was calling them daily, that he was losing sleep over the missing watch. But the holidays came and went, and still there was no watch or attempt to even *start* paying down the debt.

At this point, Michael has stopped responding to any texts, phone calls or emails. I've spoken with legal counsel and am about to go down the civil route. But I don't want any of this. Do I file a police report? What are my legal/practical options in a situation like this??

Please let me know if you can either (1)Get in touch with Mike Michael Russo MB23 and persuade him to get in touch, (2)Connect me with some resources who can help expedite the resolution process, or (3)Provide me with some experience/guidance about how to handle a situation like this one.

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.56.28 PM.png (166.9 KB, 2036 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.56.59 PM.png (230.3 KB, 2045 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.57.29 PM.png (165.4 KB, 2025 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.57.53 PM.png (242.6 KB, 2033 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.58.12 PM.png (226.5 KB, 2036 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 2.10.51 PM.png (256.6 KB, 2031 views)
agp16 is offline   Reply With Quote