View Single Post
Old 17 September 2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Dcormsby
Banned

Watch: Seadweller 50th
Having seen them in person today....

Went to the local AD today in Southern California...

They had multiple versions available for sale and ready to purchase. My eye immediately gravitated towards the 18K yellow gold and blue dial on blue rubber strap. The price point ($6500) is fantastic! The manager also said she would throw in a nato strap to sweeten the deal....

A few things I noticed with the new models:

The rubber felt cheaper than I expected. I can't explain it, just seemed like a cheap rubber. It didn't feel soft and supple.

The grey dial version looks strange on the stainless bracelet (way to much grey stainless). I think this would look WAY better on the blue rubber strap.

I played with the date change on one......it didn't positively click the date into the date window. You almost had to assume that the date was centered in the window, which I found strange.

Winds silky smooth! I couldn't even tell I was winding the watch using the crown.

The crown was hard to screw back in....( this actually made me not buy it on the spot). The threading seemed off. I tried at least 7 times to try to screw down the crown, but seemed to keep missing the threading.

If you're looking at the two toned versions, go for the yellow gold. It really pops on the watch!

Needless to say, I was still impressed with the watch, and the price point. I will be buying one in the future, but will wait patently for a grey market at cheaper pricing.

Just my two cents...
Dcormsby is offline   Reply With Quote