View Single Post
Old 19 September 2018, 10:11 PM   #53
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialienam View Post
Yes my dealer emailed Blancpain and still awaiting for update for mil spec

I also called up a boutique overseas, they said mil spec “all sold out”, but said if I put down a deposit then they can order and have a better chance to secure it. So yah, from the sound of it, there is a chance of getting it really!

They offered BOC III though saying it will arrive oct. and I later today found out another dealer in Australia has a BOC III in stock!

Personally between mil spec and BOC III, I like mil spec more, just looks more “interesting” with history behind it.

But one problem, haha in australia we don’t have blancpain boutique! So I would need to try my overseas family members to help out, and it’s not easy

Between mil spec and BOC III, which will hold value better in the future in your opinion?
I can see on chrono 24 or some forums, mil spec or BOCIII (new or near new condition) are asking same or slightly less MSRP, which isn’t too bad for a brand outside of Rolex or Patek.

That's good news! Try calling the NYC boutique as well, they likely have greater pull in acquisitions and they can most likely ship it to you (I secured my Milspec from them this week).

The value retention question is a tough one. The BOCs (1 and 2) seem to be holding their value well. Plus the BOCiii run is 250 pieces compared to the 500 piece run for the Milspec. That said, I feel like the Milspec received much more fan fair and is more popular from an aesthetic standpoint (the ocean logo on the BOC is slightly polarizing). Also, the Milspec has historical connotation. So, gun to my head, I'd say the Milspec will hold value a little better. That said, and as much as I love Blancpain and their history, they are no Patek or Rolex when it comes to holding or gaining value. I'd say, choose the watch that sings to you and enjoy it.

Keep us posted.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote