View Single Post
Old 20 September 2018, 08:38 PM   #56
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
That's good news! Try calling the NYC boutique as well, they likely have greater pull in acquisitions and they can most likely ship it to you (I secured my Milspec from them this week).

The value retention question is a tough one. The BOCs (1 and 2) seem to be holding their value well. Plus the BOCiii run is 250 pieces compared to the 500 piece run for the Milspec. That said, I feel like the Milspec received much more fan fair and is more popular from an aesthetic standpoint (the ocean logo on the BOC is slightly polarizing). Also, the Milspec has historical connotation. So, gun to my head, I'd say the Milspec will hold value a little better. That said, and as much as I love Blancpain and their history, they are no Patek or Rolex when it comes to holding or gaining value. I'd say, choose the watch that sings to you and enjoy it.

Keep us posted.
Thanks for the info! Yah mil spec looks good!

For NYC boutique When u say ship it to u, u mean like ship to your home address ie outside of NYC?

Need to pay state tax?

Sorry for such a dumb question, but I never bought any watch in USA before, if they can ship it within USA, I may be able to get my uncle to receive it for me

Thanks!
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote