View Single Post
Old 14 December 2018, 02:21 PM   #51
dsk28
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
1. Demand for steel sports nautilus is so much higher than anything else in the catalog and many of the other things in the catalog are becoming very hard/impossible to sell

2. ADs are businesses and want to maximize how much money they can make, and i'd venture to say that with the uneven demand for certain watches, they are probably not exactly making a killing nowadays

3. Why would it not be legal? lol

I think if they tell you up front what the package deal is and you can do your own math and decide if its worth it to you or not, that is a win win for all parties involved
1. This is true because the Nautilus has a very iconic design and combined with their entry level price point they are basically designed to be the best sellers in the catalogue.

2. I believe this has been the norm since old times? Trends change all the time and ADs would have to keep shifting their stock in order to regulate Supply/Demand curve.

3. I apologize for not being thorough, when I used the word 'legal' what I meant was does the Manufacturer (in this case, Patek Philippe SA) approve of this method?

Either way if the AD does decide in this direction it would be a whole new level of marketing. What would happen once the demand has died? Or would they keep rising instead?

I guess we live in crazy times indeed...
dsk28 is offline   Reply With Quote