View Single Post
Old 21 January 2019, 12:23 PM   #133
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Redbulls View Post
I have a 6.75 inch wrist, so on the small size and I still wear a Fifty Fathoms. I actually owned the Mil Spec but ended up selling it. A few things about it bothered me. The ratio of case/bezel height to the overall diameter of the watch made it look bloated, small and tall. The regular fifty fathoms while being a large watch the proportions are better. Also the hands on the Mil Spec are so basic and boring. They add nothing to the design. I understand why BP used them but I grew to dislike them. Same with the hour markers. I prefer the regular FF markers on the dial. Lastly the moisture sticker looks like a cheap sticker and therefore gimmicky. If anyone ever see me trying to sell my FF you have my permission to smack me.

As an owner of mil spec for a couple of months, I do agree with your comment! It’s a bit on the boring side and I certainly prefer a regular FF hands and markers more. Unfortunately my wrist is smaller at around 6inch. As for now, Mil Spec movement, accuracy and finishing quality is just outstanding!

Will I keep it for now? For sure. I might sell it later, but I don’t know how much hit I can expect, I have find Blancpain is really for a nich market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote