View Single Post
Old 5 May 2019, 08:38 AM   #51
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
I've read through this entire thread and I must disagree with a lot of what's been said. I don't think G makes anything off the LV GTG. His plane trips and hotel bills alone more than make up for the cost of the NRDs. Most of us have had great times at these events. And we have always paid for our meals on Friday night. This year I even went a day early just to participate in the Thursday experience.

However, I, too, applaud Steve for taking money out of his own pocket to compensate someone who wasn't offered a seat at dinner.
It was great to see you at the GTG this year.

I would respond to your comment, respectfully, that I won’t speculate on whether or not the organizer makes money, but your point that we always pay for our Friday night dinner is, to a large degree, the issue because the NRD was paid to the organizer for that sole purpose, as specified by the organizer. If communicated from the beginning that the NRD were to be used for the organizer’s plane trips and hotel bills, I would be willing to bet that 99% of the attendees would not have blinked at this and been supportive.