View Single Post
Old 8 June 2019, 09:15 PM   #12
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexryan329 View Post
EDIT: A speedy is an Omega, I haven't had my coffee yet ugh. Could a mod please move this to the Omega section?

Pretty much title

I was walking down 5th avenue yesterday, went into Wempe looking for an explorer II (no luck obviously) so I passed by Omega and thought "well, all the hubbub about Speedy's, I should try one on!" and I did precisely that. I was buzzed in, greeted by the wonderful saleslady and she gave me the history of the Speedmaster and it's heritage. She pulled out the Speedy pro on the stainless bracelet, still wrapped in plastic. I tried it on and... meh. My first impression was, why is this thing wrapped in sticky plastic like its a replica rolex? Okay, next impression was that its a nice looking watch but it felt cheap. The caseback with the engravings on it, the pushers that don't screw down, the center stack has a marking in the middle. It just didn't feel refined. The kicker? MSRP is more than double what a MINT preowned one goes for. Then she told me the one on the strap is only $100 less, blah. Sorry but I wasn't a fan. I took the card, told her she can keep the magazine and I thanked her for her time

Am I being a little too harsh or am I a little spoiled having such a refined watch as my submariner is? You tell me
Thanks for sharing. I love my Speedmaster Professional.

Oh, to think what an uninformed fool I have been for all these years!

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote