View Single Post
Old 1 February 2010, 11:41 PM   #6
xeroid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acce1999 View Post
That's a nice Air-King date you have there. It needs a bezel (should be smooth), and a plastic crystal (not that expensive). I would also, like Lol-X, recommend a full service. I share his estimate. I would not sell it as is, if that is what you are thinking.

Out of curiosity, did you hit the watch onto something to lose the bezel and glass?

Best,

A
"It needs a bezel (should be smooth), and a plastic crystal (not that expensive)" I have no idea what the bezel is .... and a plastic crystal ... isn't that a fake from the real crystal glass is had originally? Forgot to mention that the back piece is engraved .. so I guess that needs to be replaced too. And some slight scratchs on the band. Maybe it isn't worth fixing ?

I would imagine I did hit it while working with my hands inside some copier machine? So the value of $1200+ that someone has mentioned is what I should expect as is ? Or do I have to send it in for a new crystal top and clean up .... which I would suspect would cost $500 and then it's still only worth $1200 used ? ...... or if I spend the $500 to have it looking new ... what could I expect to sell it for used? Anyone have any idea who in Canada I would take it to for the repairs and where is the best place to try and sell ..... ebay ?

Last edited by xeroid; 1 February 2010 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add .....