View Single Post
Old 1 December 2010, 04:40 PM   #25
snog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulmitz View Post
I just bought my very first Rolex this evening. It's a Stainless Steel Daytona with white dial at MSRP of $10,400. At this store the AD MAKES you get the back engraved at no additional charge. I told them I didn't want an engraving and they said they wouldn't sell me the watch unless I had it engraved. Apparently these watches are so hard to come by they don't want people buying them and then turning around and selling them on eBay for a mark up over MSRP. They didn't say how big and they use a Kiosk guy in the mall to do it so since I know him (he's a patient of mine) he made it about 2mm in size which was fine with them. The stupid part is I can go to another Rolex AD or any one of my Jeweler friends and get a new case back, or go to my patient who did the engraving and get it buffed out. I was caught up in the moment and didn't want to walk away from a hard to find watch like this.

fulmitz

well done on the Rolex

sorry but that dealer is in the wrong job,what has it got to do with him if you resell your watch,you might have no plans to sell but prefer it left as is