View Single Post
Old 16 April 2024, 08:34 PM   #5
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Yellow Gold/green ombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoop1856 View Post
Hi All,

What do folks think of the new DD40 dials that were released this year?
- RG Slate Ombre
- YG Green Ombre
- WG Blue Ombre

I've been after a DD40 for a little while now, but perpetually (see what I did there) stuck with picking an option that's best complements other Rolex watches in the collection (DJ41 Blue Stick Fluted/Jubilee, Choc OF Daytona, BLNR - Oyster).

Do any of the above supersede the RG Olive if I'm looking for a 'harder' to get DD and one that best complements my collection?

I was very intrigued by the Slate Ombre. However, the press pictures and photos are quite varied in appearance, and wondering whether it overlaps too much with the other dials in my Rolex collection.

I tried on the YG Green Lacquer recently but didn't really love that look either. I'm also not too interested in the MOP dials.

Thanks for the input!
In a very similar situation....have some nice watches in my collection including some two tone Daytona, datejust and skydweller watches but want one PM heavy hitting piece....fell in love with the green ombre dial but until now only offered in 36mm....was thrilled when both the blue and green ombre were announced with 40mm and was lucky enough to be at W&W this year...

From the pics had my heart set on WG/Blue ombre fluted....however the yellow gold/green combination for me was stunning in the 'flesh', really regal looking and my opinion switched from WG/blue to YG/Green....having said that the WG/Blue was still an absolute beauty but eyes kept wandering back to the gold/green combo....could definitely see an argument in owning both

Here are a few pics....sorry for the quality...sadly do not think incaptured the gold/green that well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20240416-WA0011.jpg (231.3 KB, 877 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240416-WA0010.jpg (142.5 KB, 874 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240416-WA0005.jpg (231.2 KB, 891 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240416-WA0008.jpg (156.7 KB, 872 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240416-WA0004.jpg (126.5 KB, 874 views)
Rolexnabzy is offline   Reply With Quote