View Single Post
Old 14 November 2023, 12:53 PM   #20
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odat View Post
I think it has a lot to do with where you live as Rolex dealers tend to sell locally only. From my experience, in big cities there are really long waiting lists for the hot models and even the not so hot models. In the poorer parts of the country, I think it’s easier to get one even if you have to wait a little bit. In general though, I feel like the market has softened up a bit. Mostly because of Rolex increasing their production, the state of the economy and fear of the future. Many people are holding onto cash. Also frankly, many people are just plain sick of playing the Rolex wait list game.
I DO think things are changing. Pre-owned prices have definitely come down, and rather dramatically for some models, but as you say location matters. Nothing has changed for my AD that I can tell. Still selling everything they get, and the local economy is still going great guns. We benefited from the post-Covid migration and my neck of the woods has continued to be a desirable area to move to, especially for upper-middle class people. I'm frankly more excited about the prospect of picking up a pre-owned PM model at a decent price in the next year or two from an online dealer, than I am about getting something from my AD.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote