View Single Post
Old 28 May 2011, 11:55 PM   #9
Rolex2

From Cooksey et al, movement looks Rolex. Couldn't find it in Imai's "3621 Rolexes", but I can never find an exact model in there anyways. Is there a serial number on the back? The model no. appears to be 32245?
If the case is 18K gold, the case will determine the current value more than anything. I would say at least $500. Hard to determine whether it's a "rare "model that might command higher. Ladies models seem to command less than mens models--perhaps because they are smaller.

As for its authenticity, it's hard to fake a 75 yo watch. What you most likely see is a mixture of parts which makes it hard to trace. I don't think that's the case here--not with solid gold.

I've seen suitcases full of designer watch fakes in my China travels. Late model Daytonas, Presidents, Subs, Oyster Perpetuals, Breitling Chronos, Cartiers--you name it. They look like a lot of the pics I see here on this site. A lot even have auto movements. They work fine for a month or two--then something breaks.

The chances of a "fake" in vintage models is small. More likely, parts have been replaced which partially obscures the identity of the watch.
Rolex2 is offline   Reply With Quote