View Single Post
Old 9 November 2011, 01:27 AM   #5
diapers
"TRF" Member

Thank you very much, padi, cru jones and George Ab for the opinions.

The reason why I'm asking is because on my search for a pre-owned 16570 as a daily beater, I have seen specifically the S, F, W, M and Z series. Having read from many of you on this forum, it seems that generally M and Z series are preferred due to the new parachrom hairspring.
Which is why I am in a slight dilemma if I should get a really early watch like made in year 1993, and continue to wear and eventually pass it on like a heritage kind of thing, and whether it will be a good but not necessarily important factor to hopefully in the far future have its sentimental/economical value increased.

The M and Z series as padi mentioned, being the later ones, command a higher premium, while the others are significantly lower.

The new parachrom hairspring as George mentioned does seem to keep time a lot better.

I would like to be DIY switching between leather straps and the original straps or maybe even jubilee, so maybe those with lug holes might be easier to manage.

So from the opinions so far, it seems like there's really no specific make that I should be looking out for, and it seems like that unless I'm really a fanatic with a love for details like example the new Rolex etching on the crystal glass, or the words "Swiss Made" specifically, on the dial, the older ones will also make sense to me.

The Z series one by George seems like a great choice!
diapers is offline   Reply With Quote