View Single Post
Old 10 June 2013, 12:55 PM   #1
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Sayings, quotes and anecdotes

Guys,
Last week there were two threads started, one by subtona (Gus) and one by Darmapow (Darren) about quotes and advice. Gus wants quotes made by a TRF member in a post that is funny and meaningful.
Darren's post was for the best advice you ever had.
I posted in both threads that I had hundreds of quotes, sayings and anecdotes and was considering starting a thread for such and received several positive responses.
Darren and Gus, I don't want to step on your toes as this thread is close to yours but for this one how about anyone just posting any favorite sayings, quotes or anecdotes.
I started my collection of these some fourteen years ago while I was going through my divorce. Some make me laugh, some make me cry and all of them make me think a bit.
Some of them can not be shared here for various reasons but I have hundreds that I'd love to put out there. Some are only a word or two, some take up an entire page (I won't post those).
I'll start with two that I had in my locker at the PD. If this thread goes stale after a day or two I'll revive it with another one of mine... Let em rip guys...

Strive mightly

Success is in the way you walk the paths of life each day and the things you say. Success is not in getting rich or rising high to fame. It's not alone in winning goals, which all men hope to claim. Success is being big of heart and broad in mind, it's being faithful to your friends and to the stranger kind. It's in the children whom you love and all they learn from you. Success depends on character and everything you do.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote