View Single Post
Old 14 September 2012, 08:48 AM   #57
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I own both a Sub and the Explorer II. Granted my Sub is an older model, however as an owner of both I will comment nonetheless. Size is just going to come down to prefefence. Proportion is slightly off for me on the new SubC. I felt the GMTIIC had this figured out as well until I tried it on. Something just seems off. Only my perception. The Sub is a classic. Has a great military feel and presence. It is very well recognized which brings its own pros and cons that have already been mentioned. It is the quintessential starter watch along with the GMT in the Rolex sports line. The Explorer II is just different. I cannot explain it in any other context. The orange hand pops but is not overpowering. It stands out in size, solves proportion issues, sports the newst Rolex technology, and is avaikable in two very different but worthy dial variations. I like the observation that the Sub is military and the Explorer II is outdoors. The Explorer has everything you need between the Sub and the GMT in one watch.

We are really arguing over hairline differences here. Choose the one that speaks to you but also consider the spirit of the watch. I think both have two very different auras.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote