View Single Post
Old 6 December 2007, 09:06 AM   #27
FanFromLakeMary

Agree with KansaiVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Nor do I.

I think the hype is that because the previous Milgause was very unpopular when first released, was a slow seller and was discontinued and then became collectable...

well, I think some think that is going to happen all over again and this version will be valuable. I doubt it.
Personally - I like the Milgauss, and I may pick one up (there are a couple of models I'd get first...but down the line...).

But speaking strictly about the Milgauss being a sure-fire collector's item, I'm inclined to agree with KansaiVet.

The sheer buzz around this non-limited production model spells good sales IMHO. That, in turn, means it will not have the limited availability of the original - which is now collectible in large part due to its rarity.

So the "collectible" factor would have to come from the simple equation of demand exceeding supply - like the Daytona. But the Daytona has a broad appeal that would be very difficult to recreate. Anyway that's my 2cents regarding it's status as surefire collector's item.

btw: If you like the watch for what it is, what does it matter if it's worth more in 5-10 years? Keep it and enjoy, right?