Thread: Rolex phone #'s
View Single Post
Old 13 February 2012, 01:04 PM   #25
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by uroayya View Post
I have a 1978 GMT Master 18 K Gold (1675) which I would like to restore it to like new condition. It has some dial marks and frozen bezel. I'm looking at independent watchmakers to fix it.

Should I try with the RSC? Are they better in fixing vintage? anybody has experience?
What sort of price difference / timeline we are talking about between RSC and individual watchmakers? any thoughts?

thanks guys
RSC in the US tends not to be the place most collectors would recomend that you take a vintage watch to have work done on it. You have a vintage watch although I don't know how collectable it maybe. But Rolex doesn't make this one anymore so it would be best to treat it with the love it deserves.

With a vintage watch some items which make it vintage such as the dial, hands, and case condition are things which RSC may want to replace when questionable with new parts so the watch works as new.

With vintage watches in the US most people would refer you to Bob Ridley. Bob is an expert with working with vintage Rolex watches. Bob would take a look at your watch and make recomendations as to what should be done.

I would recomend you contact him first.

http://www.watchmakers.com/

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote