View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 12:40 PM   #9
aboutime
"TRF" Member

Amazing insights, thank you!!
I never knew about the rotation of the bezel having likely a smoother motion in one direction over another, and now understand the concept of the click spring, plus knowing that the operation of it shouldn’t be the determining factor and that it can be replaced easily helps.

The bezel on both models has the little ‘tail’ on the 2 (most obvious to my eye), and I believe those are the right fonts for the era. There is no history with either watch so I’m not certain if the bezels have been replaced or are the original item.

Another thing I’m curious about is the whether the bracelet springs should sit evenly between the lugs? Or if it doesn’t, is that a sign one lug has been polished more than the other. Again to my naked eye, both appear to be unpolished watches and pronounced edges (they look exactly like my 2004/5 explorer II which hasn’t been polished). The store person suggested that the bracelet springs do need to sit more on one side than the other giving an appearance that one lug might be thinner than the other.

The mention that the clasp code could be PJ1 vs P11 is a great call out. I’ll have to go back and check. My eyes are terrible and reading those details are freaking challenging! I’m bring a magnifying glass with me :)

My intent should I acquire this or any second hand Rolex is to bring immediately to RSC. Both sellers are bricks and mortar stores so I’m hoping there is some greater integrity when it comes to how they do business, though appreciate that is more wishful that reality. At least the google reviews seem to suggest their are reliable.
aboutime is online now   Reply With Quote