View Single Post
Old 18 November 2008, 12:16 AM   #19
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckRolex View Post
Guys, stop with the toothbrush scratching gold or any metal nonsense.

The plastic fibers in the toothbrush are softer on the moh's scale of hardness than any metal and you cannot scratch something with an item that is softer than the metal being rubbed.

Saying it scratches even when you are using it while it is wet with a mild detergent which will act as an additional lubricant is BS.

Sorry, but I had to call you out on this one, its nonsense.
Have to agree with you 100% there, some of the guys with there Rolex watches today they sure get a very pampered life.Just plain old soap and water is all thats need keep watches looking good.Scratches etc from wearing is quite a normal part of its life.But fear not those guys at the RSC at service time, will brush and polish and return your watch almost as good as the first day you bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbakar View Post
Back to cleaning gold: use a mild soap (NO DETERGENT!!! This causes seals to shrink - why risk that??) and warm water and you will preserve the high polish!

SNB
How could detergent make the seals shrink,how could the detergent find its way to the seals,if the crown is screwed in the watch should be water and detergent proof.And if you rinse watch fresh water,all the very small residue of any detergent left will be gone.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote